5/6/10

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu!



Last week I bid a fond farewell to the car I've been driving for the last 15 years - over 187,000 miles. Since it's rare that anyone else drives my car, it's safe to say that at least 99.9% of those miles were logged with yours truly behind the wheel.

In those same 15 years I lived at three different addresses but each morning it was my '95 Camry that opened its driver's door to me and motored me through good times and bad, day after day, year after year. I owned no other car as long as I owned this one.

Now the aroma of years of spilled coffee has been replaced by that wonderful new car smell and that's just the beginning of all the things I love about my new ride: better milage, smoother ride, more comfort, new gadgets - and my first dashboard CD player!

Still, I'll be forever grateful for the good service that old car gave me.

The thought has crossed my mind that if I drive this new car for 15 years, it will take me to my 78th birthday -- and that gives one pause...

So goodbye, old friend and (even though I have no place to go and no errands to run) I think I might just go out for a ride in my new car.


Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments: