Image source: Liz
I know I'm on the wrong end of the weekend for wishing you Shabbat Shalom but I didn't want to wait until Friday to post this.
H/T to my friend, KPD, for sending along a link to this fine NYT article on the Sabbath. And don't miss the comments following the article!
Judith Shulevitz does a fine job here of raising the question of the Sabbath in what might be called a post-Sabbath culture. The article prodded me to do some thinking about the Sabbath, how I keep 0r fail to keep) it and how Christians might think of reappropriating the Sabbath rest in times which seem to know no rest.
Follow the link - it's worth the trip and the article is not lengthy. I'd be interested in hearing from you...
- In what if any ways is the Sabbath a day different than the other 6 in your life?
- Is worship a constant in your Sabbath experience?
- Are your Sabbath practices supported by others in your household?
- Is the Sabbath a day of rest for you? how so?
- If the Sabbath is not markedly different from the rest of your week, would you like to see that change?
- How would you describe the Sabbath you'd like to be part of your week on a regular basis?
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments
Posted by Concord Pastor at 10:52 PM