12/18/10

Advent Wreath 4: praying for perseverance...



This weekend we will light the fourth candle on the Advent Wreath.

With the lighting of this candle, let us pray for perseverance:
for the grace to be faithful in good times and in bad, 
in season and out of season, 
as we wait in joyful hope for the coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ...

In the dark of night, Lord, give me perseverance...
In the dead of winter, Lord, give me perseverance...
In the heat of the day, Lord, give me perseverance...
On the uphill side, Lord, give me perseverance...
When the odds are against me, Lord, give me perseverance...
When others have abandoned me, Lord, give me perseverance...
When I do not know the way, Lord, give me perseverance...
When I cannot find your face, Lord, give me perseverance...
When my burdens seem too great, Lord, give me perseverance...
When I suffer for your name, Lord, give me perseverance...
When I hunger for your word, Lord, give me perseverance...
When I thirst for your joy, Lord, give me perseverance...
When my hope unravels, Lord, give me perseverance...
When I want to give up, Lord, give me perseverance... 
When my faith wears thin, Lord, give me perseverance...
When one more step seems too much, Lord, give me perseverance...

Send your Spirit, Lord, to strengthen our hearts,
to give us new purpose, to fire up our fidelity,
to light our path, to show us the way, and,
to give us perseverance, Lord...

Come, Lord Jesus, come!
Amen.

 
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 
yearofgrace2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!