12/20/10

The O Antiphons - December 20 - Key of David!


Image by FiveAcres

 

(More information on the O Antiphons)

December 20
O Clavis David



“O Key of David, O royal Power of Israel controlling at your will the gate of Heaven: Come, break down the prison walls of death for those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death; and lead your captive people into freedom.”

Oh, come, O Key of David, come,
And open wide our heav'nly home;

Make safe the way that leads on high,
And close the path to misery.

Isaiah had prophesied, "I will place the Key of the House of David on His shoulder; when he opens, no one will shut, when he shuts, no one will open.” (22:22), and “His dominion is vast and forever peaceful, from David’s throne, and over His kingdom, which he confirms and sustains by judgment and justice, both now and forever.” (9:6).

Come with the key to my heart, Lord,
and open me to receive
every grace and blessing that is yours to give...

Come with the key to my mind, Lord,
and open my thoughts and worries
to the serenity and peace of your presence...

Come with the keys to my problems, Lord
and help me open the doors to paths
along which you lead me to freedom...

In this holy Advent time and in every season,
on every day and through each night
open for me, Lord, the place you keep for me
in your heart...


Amen.


yearofgrace2011
 
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!