6/8/11

Living the dream!

The Quilted Purl: photo by Pati Palumbo

In other posts I've groused a bit about my archdiocese moving the age of retirement for priests from 70 to 75. But the limitations on my own future don't stop me from taking joy in others retiring earlier!

Georgetown, CO: photo by Pati Palumbo
My sister Ruth, a little more than a year younger than I, retired from teaching two weeks ago! She has already opened The Quilted Purl (above) in Georgetown, CO.  It's a studio/workshop where she will offer classes and sell related materials (yarn, knitting needles, kits for class projects) - and some of her own finished work.  I wish her many years of contentment by those beautiful sunlit windows in the photo above.

My joy for my sister leads me to ponder what might be down the road for me. I dream of a sunlit loft, too, but I'd prefer Cape Cod to Colorado for the venue.  And in that loft I'd want a recliner, a desk, a laptop and a good coffee maker.

Oh - and at least a couple of years to enjoy it all!

(Click on photos for larger versions)

 
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

3 comments:

  1. From your lips to God's ears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Ruthie! May God bless you richly in this new phase of your life.

    Couldn’t help but notice your treadle sewing machine in the center of the first picture. I’m excited to have found one myself at a yard sale just two weekends ago. A quilter’s green dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish your sister a long and wonder "retirement" enjoying her new business. I only wish that she were closer- I have always wanted to learn to knit. (Did your sister knit your mom socks? I know that was what you would get your mom for Christmas? I wondered did your mom knitted as well?)

    I hope that you will get to enjoy many years in retirment at lovely Cape Cod. I hope that you will publish some of the wonderful poetry that you have written over the years and of course that you will continue blogging.

    Teacher.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!