7/21/11

What's my life's treasure hunt?


There's another short parable in this Sunday's gospel and the illustration above indicates how close is its meaning to the parable of the pearl of great price.

The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure buried in a field,
which a person finds and hides again,
and out of joy goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.  


Much the same questions apply to the buried treasure as to the pearl:

What treasures do I fantasize?  seek?  work for? dig deeply for?

What's do I treasure above everything else in my life?

What am I doing to seek, to discover, to hold on to this treasure?

What am I willing to give up for that treasure?

Is the treasure of heaven high on my list?



Image source: Henry Martin



   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!