2/8/12

Wisdom's insight

Image source

Jim Martin, SJ offers for our consideration the Five Best Pieces of Jesuit Wisdom he's ever heard.  Each of them is annotated and worth the read at The Jesuit Post.

There's great consoling truth in these five simple statements. 
I’d like to boil down the most helpful things that I’ve heard from my elders: those who have trained me, who have been my spiritual directors, who have been my superiors, and who have been my colleagues and friends.


1.) Allow yourself to be human.
2.) You don’t have to be someone else to be holy.
3.) You’re not married to everyone.
4.) Don’t let anyone prevent you from becoming the person you want to be.
5.) You’re not Jesus.

If you find yourself in need of a great sigh of relief (or 4 or 5 such sighs), be sure to follow the link and read the annotations on these five simple statements.






 
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

1 comment:

  1. I liked this a lot. Especially the statement you don't have to be someone else to be holy. I'm always wishing I could be more like other people. Maybe my simple love for God, does make me holy! But I'll never stop striving to be just a little more like Jesus ... even though I know I can't be just like Him! Thanks for posting this insightful article.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!