3/18/12

Praying 10 Minutes a Day: Fourth Week/Sunday

Image source


Be still... and know that I am God...

We pray today on Laetare Sunday, the halfway point of Lent.  There are two ways to look at this day: either "Lent is half over!" or "We're halfway to Easter!"  Or both!

Today the somber purple of Lent is lightened to rose...  Today the entrance chant calls us to rejoice, even in this season of sacrifice and penance...

Life is like this: it sometimes calls me to rejoice when my heart is heavy and sometimes calls me to be sober when my heart is filled with joy...

I might especially need:

to learn to find the joy of God's Spirit when times are difficult...

to find the the peace of God's consolation when I'm burdened with grief...

to find the serenity of God's presence when I'm filled with confusion...

to find the gift of faith when my mind is filled with doubt...

to find the wisdom of God when I don't know what to do...

to find new hope in God when it seems my hope is gone...

to find God's grace when I'm surrounded by temptation...

to find God's love when I'm angry and resentful...

to find the companionship of the Lord when I'm most alone...

to find the gift of joy in the middle of Lent...

God's presence and gifts are always there for me - especially in those times when I most need them.  But often, my worries and concerns keep me from recognizing what the Lord is offering me...

Ponder the points above and bring your reflections on them to the Lord in your prayer.  Which of the gifts above is the most difficult for you to find when times are tough?

In your prayer, ask the Lord to open your eyes, ears, mind and heart to that particular gift, especially when you need it the most.

Be still... and know that God is always with you...


Are you new to "Praying 10 Minutes a Day in Lent" - or are you having trouble getting started?  The first installment offers some thoughts on getting started, as do the subsequent posts in the series.  So take a look and join us!    



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!