4/27/12

Praying 10 minutes today: April 27

Set aside some time for prayer... find a quiet place... take a few deep breaths... be still... and know that God is near...

A word to reflect on:  
In the morning let me know your love
for I put my trust in you.
Make me know the way I should walk:
to you I lift up my soul.
Let your good spirit guide me
in ways that are level and smooth. -Ps 143

Sometimes, Lord, I don't know which way to turn,
   which path to take, what to do next...
What do you ask of me today, Lord?
Open my heart this morning to your good spirit
   to counsel and guide me,  
      to show me the path you'd have me walk...
Help me to trust that you'll be at my side
   from the time I get out of bed this morning
      until I fall asleep tonight...
Show me the path leveled by your wisdom, Lord:
   show me the smooth road where I will not stumble or fall...
And along the way, 
   help me to rest in the stillness of your presence
      and to know, Lord, that you are near...  today...



This is a simpler form of my Lenten prayer series.  If you find these daily reminders helpful, please let me know.  And here are some tips for praying 10 minutes a day...


   

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

2 comments:

  1. Thumbs up on this one!!! Thanks!

    JW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to using this one regularly. These posts are a great help as I try to continue in daily prayer! (That deserves an exclamation point.)
    Monica

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!