4/28/12

Praying 10 minutes today: April 28

Set aside some time for prayer...
find a quiet place...
take a few deep breaths...
be still... and know that God is near...

A word to reflect on:  
The Spirit helps us in our weakness, for we do not know how to pray as we ought; but the Spirit himself makes intercession for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in speech...   - Romans 8:26

I guess I'm almost never "satisfied" with my prayer...
I worry that I don't pray enough, or long enough, or at the right time, 
   or in the right way, or with the right words, or for the right things...
I guess I almost always forget that no matter what shape my prayer takes
   (long or short, words or silence, confused or confident, for me or for others)
      the Lord is always pleased to hear my voice:
         whether I pray out loud or speak quietly from within my heart -
            and even when my heart is silent but still, in silence,
         turned to, seeking, desiring the presence of God...
The Lord knows what I want to pray
   even when I can't figure that out myself...
The Lord hears the prayer that comes from the groaning within me,
   deep in my heart where the Lord's Spirit prays well
      what I find difficult to bring to speech...
When my trust and faith are weak, 
   I can be sure that the Spirit is praying within my heart...
Help me, Lord, to hear what the Spirit's praying within me
   and to trust, even when I can't hear the Spirit's prayer, 
      that you hear it and receive it...
Help me to be still in your presence, Lord...
Let just my presence in the stillness be my prayer...
And in the stillness, let me know that you are there with me always,
   as you are here with me, today...


Here are some tips for praying 10 minutes a day and a link to the Lenten series from which these daily posts originated.  If you find these daily prayer reminders helpful, please let me know - and share them with others.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!