5/4/12

Praying 10 minutes today: Saturday 5/5

Set aside some time for prayer... find a quiet place... take a few deep breaths... be still... and know that God is near...

A word to reflect on:   
Bless your persecutors; bless and do not curse them.  Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.  Have the same attitude toward all. 
Romans 12:14-15


How grateful I am, Lord, 
that you have the same attitude toward everyone
- including me!
You love the sinner as you love the saint...
You love the faithful and the unfaithful alike...
You welcome the prayers of stumblers and mumblers
   as you welcome the chants of holy monks...
You love the efforts of those who fail
   as much as the deeds of those who succeed...
You're as close to me wherever I wander
   as you are to those who never stray...
You have the same attitude toward all, Lord,
   and nothing about me keeps you from loving me...
But don't let me presume on your love, Lord:
   don't let me take it for granted...
Walk me away from my sins; 
   call me to be more faithful;
      help me know what you ask of me
         and give me the courage to do it...
Help me, Lord, to love those who do not love me:
      help me to love and not reject them...
Open my heart to share in others' joys
   and to stand by them in their grief...
Help me do unto others, Lord,
   as I would have them do unto me...
Help me make some quiet time, today,
   and in the stillness, help me sort things out to see
      how I might love others as you love me,
      how I might  forgive others as you forgive me,
      how you would have me walk with others 
         as you walk with me...
      how I might have the same attitude toward all...
Let me rest in the stillness with you, Lord,
   and in the quiet find that you are at my side...
  

Here are some tips for praying 10 minutes a day and a link to the Lenten series from which these daily posts originated.  If you find these daily prayer reminders helpful, please let me know - and share them with others.  You'll find an archive of these daily posts here.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!