5/16/12

Praying 10 minutes today: Wednesday 5/16

Find a quiet time and place to pray... take a few deep breaths... be still and know that God is near...

A word to reflect on: 
Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.    Matthew 11

It's good to know, Lord,
   that when I'm tired and feel burdened,
      I have a place to go...
It's good to know that when my strength is gone
   and my soul needs rest,
      you want me to come to you...
It's good to know that you're right there, waiting for me,
   especially when I'm wondering if anyone's got my back...
When I'm weary and burdened, Lord, remind me that you're my haven,
   my welcome refuge, my safe harbor...
Remind me that you're always there for me:
   draw me out of myself, out of my fears and doubts
         and into the welcoming strength of your arms...
Don't let me cry in my beer or stew in self-pity...
When I'm feeling sorry for myself, shake me until I look up
   and see you and my friends standing by, at my side,
      already caring for me, loving me, offering me support...
Help me take on the yoke of hope and faithfulness
   and gently lead me out of my own darkness
      and into the light your heart shines upon mine...
Help me to trust, Lord, that the yoke of hope and fidelity
   is easier than I imagine it to be,
     a lighter burden than I fear it to be
         and more freeing than I can possibly dream...
I need to rest, Lord,
   and I trust that my restless heart will find its rest in you...
Help me find a quiet place, some quiet time today:
   to be with you, to bask in the stillness of your peace,
     to know that you're near,
         that in you and your word
            I'll find the the rest and peace I seek...


Here are some tips for praying 10 minutes a day and a link to the Lenten series from which these daily posts originated.  If you find these daily prayer reminders helpful, please let me know - and share them with others.  You'll find an archive of these daily posts here.

 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

1 comment:

  1. I read this post this morning while waiting for the bus to go to work...
    as often happens for me, I read it and only part of it "registered"-

    but, some of it did-

    and now, I believe, that the part that DID get through to me was the part that I needed for today-

    so maybe it didn't matter so much that I couldn't understand or take in all of it-
    I was able to get what I needed-
    for today- for this moment-


    thank you God-

    thank you, ConcordPastor.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!