7/13/12

Praying 10 minutes today: SATURDAY 7/14

.
Find a quiet time and place to pray... take a few deep breaths...
be still... and know that God is near...



A word to reflect on:   
Because of your love give me life
and I will do your will.
- Psalm 119






 (Before moving on to the reflection below,
   spend some quiet time with the scripture verse above...)

My life was born of your love, Lord,
   and your love sustains me, night and day...

My heart is nurtured by your love, Lord,
   without it my soul would waste away...

My spirit's restored by your love, Lord,
   your grace heals the wounds of my sins...

My life is redeemed by your love, Lord,
   my soul is saved by your grace...

I place all my trust in you, my God,
   my hope is in your saving Word... 

Because of your love give me life
   and I will do your will... 

In return for my life, 
   in thanksgiving for your love,
help me to do your will...

Help me know your will 
   in every thought I entertain today:
      give me your counsel
      that my thoughts might please you...

Help me know your will
   in the decisions I'll face today:
      give me the light of truth
      and the courage I need to choose wisely...

Help me know your will
   for how I spend my day, Lord:
   give me strength to work,
   a place to pray and time to rest in your peace...

Help me know your will
   when tomorrow's worries steal my day away:
      today's the day that you've made, Lord,
      the day I'm called to live...

Help me know your will
   when this day's unexpected turns surprise me:
      give me insight and understanding to manage
      whatever tries to manage me...
       
In return for my life
   and in thanksgiving for your love, Lord,
help me to know 
   and help me to do your will... 

In the quiet of my prayer, Lord,
   help me review my life, 
      your love for me
         and my fidelity to your word and will...

In the stillness here with you, Lord,
   help me recognize my foolishness 
      and the healing of your mercy in my heart...

In this time we share:
   fill my mind with understanding 
      to know what's right and wrong on this day's path;
   give me wisdom to know your mind for me
      as I make my way to this day's end;
   give me faith that as I do your will today
      tomorrow will be blessed by this day's trust...

Because of your love give me life
and I will do your will...

In return for my life, 
   in thanksgiving for your love,
help me to do your will, Lord... 

To ponder and pray over...
Is there any good thing, any blessing in my life 
   that does not come from the love of God?
How and when do I give thanks
   for my life, my blessings and for God's love?
How might I seek -today- 
   to know and do God's will, not mine?
What will I ask of the Lord today?
From this prayer time, what word or phrase will I keep with me
   to carry through the rest of my day?

(After you spend some time with these questions,
   pray the reflection above one more time...)


Here are some tips for praying 10 minutes a day.  If you find these daily prayer reminders helpful, please let me know - and share them with others.  You'll find an archive of these daily posts here.

 
 
   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!