8/20/12

An Evening Prayer for all of us...

Image source

James Martin, SJ just posted this great Evening Prayer on his FaceBook page:

Evening prayer

Dear God, sometimes I make the spiritual life so complicated. I try to figure out if I'm praying the right way, if I'm reading the right books, or if I'm going to the right parish. Worse, sometimes I worry more about others than about my own actions: I worry about something that I can't control instead of what I can control. Sometimes I look at people with such judgment, even though I know that's the last thing you want me to do. You warned people against judging, but I still do it.

God, help me to remember that the Christian life isn't all that complicated. It's really about one simple thing: Love. It may not be easy to do, but it's easy to remember. Help me to be more loving in all that I say and do. Help me to love like Jesus did, freely and deeply. Help me to forgive, which is at the heart of true love.

God, when things seem complicated, help me to remember one word: Love.

- James Martin, SJ


 

   
 Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!