12/8/12

Second Candle on the Advent Wreath




If you have an Advent Wreath at home, pray for faith this week as you light the two candles each day. If you don't have an Advent Wreath - light any candle and pray for faith. If you have no candle, simply stay right here with the candles above and pray for for the gift of faith...

As we light the second candle on the Advent wreath, let's pray for the gift of faith...

For the deepening of faith in those who have it...
for the gift of faith for those who seek it...
for the strengthening of faith in those who doubt...
for those whose faith is shaken and broken...
for faith that leads us to action...
for peoples of all faiths and for people of no faith...
for the harmony and unity among peoples of different faiths...

God, give me
the faith I need to help me live,
the faith I need to help me love,
the faith I need to help me believe,
the faith I need to help me act,
the faith I need to help me speak,
the faith I need to help me serve,
the faith I need to help me share,
the faith I need to be at peace,
the faith I need to help me pray...

God, give me faith in you,
in my neighbor
and in myself...

Amen.


 

 
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

1 comment:

  1. oh, PLEASE God- for ALL of this-

    thank you.


    Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!