3/24/13

A midday prayer: SUNDAY 3/24



It's Holy Week, Lord.

I'll still have to go to work, to school, to the store.
I'll still have to do laundry and take out the trash.
I'll still have to deal with life's everyday problems:
   my responsibilities won't diminish or take a break.
And I'll do all this in a world largely ignoring
   the names we place on this week and its special days:
      Palm Sunday... Holy Thursday... Good Friday... Easter...

So I may need some help in keeping this week holy, Lord...

I hope this week will be peaceful
   in spite of all I have to do...

I hope these days will be prayerful,
   that I'll make time to spend with you alone
      and time to go to church on these holy days...

I hope these days will be different in my mind and heart
   and in how I see the world around me...

Help me know these days as set apart
   as both solemn and joyful:
       a time to grow in faith, in trust, in hope
          and in your love...  

Let this week not be like all the others, Lord,
   but let this week be holy in my life...
    




   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!