3/26/13

A midday prayer: TUESDAY 3/26



At table with his disciples,
Jesus was deeply troubled and said,
“Amen, amen, I say to you, one of you will betray me.”
The disciples looked at one another, at a loss as to whom he meant.
One of his disciples, the one whom Jesus loved,
was reclining at Jesus’ side.
So Simon Peter nodded to him to find out whom he meant.
He leaned back against Jesus’ chest and said to him,
“Master, who is it?”
Jesus answered,
“It is the one to whom I hand the morsel after I have dipped it.”
So he dipped the morsel and took it and handed it to Judas...
-John 13

It's easy to point the finger at Judas 
   but I've betrayed you, too, Lord...
      I've betrayed your faithful love of me,
         presuming on your patience and your understanding...
      I've betrayed your wisdom stirring my conscience
         and made choices and decisions I knew, in my heart, were wrong...
      I've betrayed your truth in what I've said and done,
         in lies, gossip, detraction, carelessness and selfishness...
      and I've betrayed you in betraying others 
         in my family, my town, my parish and at work and at school...

So in this holy week I ask you to forgive me, Lord,
   and I pray for the mercy that flows from your heart on the Cross...

Make me faithful in following you, Lord:
   faithful in loving you in word and deed
      and faithful in loving all whose paths cross mine...
           
 


   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!