3/14/13

Pope on the bus...



Yesterday I posted some images of Pope Francis, including one of him on his daily bus ride to his office back in Buenos Aires.  Above you'll see that as the cardinals left St. Peter's after the new pope was introduced, Francis passed up the private car waiting for him and joined his brothers on the bus back to the residence where they've spent these past few days.

I'm sure he won't very often travel in a bus again but this picture speaks more than a thousand words.  I hope and pray that small gestures of this kind will come to characterize his papacy and not be quickly or easily overruled by his handlers.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

2 comments:

  1. Ditto, I push the "like" button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this picture, which is making me near-weep with joy and relief.

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!