5/19/13

May 19, 1973 - seems like yesterday!

The laying on of hands in the Rite of Ordination

40 years ago today I was ordained a priest for service in the Archdiocese of Boston.

I remember and pray today for the people of my first assignment, St. Ann Parish in Wollaston.  And I remember and pray for the seminarians and students I served at Moreau Seminary and Morrissey Manor and through the office of Campus Ministry at the University of Notre Dame.  And I remember and pray for the students and parishioners I served at Northeastern University, Emerson College and Mass. College of Art through St. Ann University Parish in Boston.  And I remember and pray for the people I served at St. Joseph Parish in Medway.   And I remember and pray for the people I've served in the Catholic community of Concord for the past 19 years.

Please join my classmates and me in celebrating God's grace over these 40 years and for blessings on us in the years ahead.



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the generous and joyful way in which you live your call to serve! I am sure that there have been many days of challenge, but I pray that you have seen - and offered - so many days of grace.

    Ad multos annos!

    (I've been talking to Jane about getting over that way for a visit, so I hope to see you soon.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will never know how many lives you touch. I so appreciate being greeted every morning with your words. Congratulations on this special day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and much blessings, dear padre!!! May God continue to fill you with grace, strength, courage, peace, good health, joy and happiness all your days!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary in your continued ministry--that began long before ordination and continues to play out in ways only God's Spirit could have imagined!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!