5/12/13

Monday Morning Offering - May 13


Image: George Mendoza


Good morning, good God!

Yesterday morning, Lord,
there were a couple of hours when all was well -
when all manner of things were well -
and although I was very busy,
maybe even a little stressed, still
I was at peace
with you, with those around me
and with myself...

For those blessed hours, Lord,
I give you thanks and praise
for the grace that brought all things together
and gathered so many people as one
in prayer, in rejoicing, in song
and in communion with you...

Not all days, not every hour,
can be as peaceful as was this time, Lord,
and yet I think - in fact, I believe -
there are many more hours just like these
but worries and concerns
and fears and distractions blur my vision
of what's happening within me and around me
and so often, too often, Lord,
I miss the grace of your Spirit
alive and moving in my life in so many ways...

Chase away what clouds my thoughts, Lord:
help me perceive more often and more clearly
the ways you move so gracefully
through my nights and days...

Focus my attention on those around me
and help me see their beauty,
help me enjoy their spirit,
help me discern the unique and varied ways they mirror you,
reflecting your divine image shining in each:
in every man, woman and child on my path...

Lord, free me from what haunts my heart
and weighs upon my soul:
help me, heal me, hold me
and refresh your Spirit within me...

Let me breathe in deeply the sweetness of your Spirit,
moving like a spring breeze,
refreshing and cleansing me
from the inside out...

Prepare me, Lord, for your gifts of grace and beauty,
and for hours blessed by your touch, your presence
and the joy of your being in and among your people...

Open me, Lord:
open my eyes and ears, my heart and soul,
my imagination and my desire;
open me up to all the ways you fill my nights and days
with your peace and presence -
especially in moments of unexpected joy...

Help me welcome you, Lord:
do in me what needs to be done
lest I miss a moment of all you have in store for me
this Monday morning, all this day
and through the week ahead...

Amen.


 
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!