7/1/13

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 7/2

Photo by Mignon Durham


In the midst of some rough days, Lord,
   came an oasis of grace
in the wedding of Andrew and Kristen, 
   now husband and wife...

In promise and prayer they shared 
   their love and hope and most of all their faith:
now a sacrament, 
   they embody your presence among us... 

I thank you for this couple, Lord,
   and just as much for opening my soul 
to joy that freely flowed 
   from their hearts into mine...

When rough days come their way,
   as certainly they will,
refresh their marriage, Lord,
   with the love from which it all began...

And when my heart's run dry, lead me again
   to an oasis of your grace
and open wide my heart to joy that flows
   from faith, in  hope, with love... 




   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, truly capturing the beauty of the day. Thank you.

    I keep re-reading these lines especially:

    they embody your presence among us...

    I thank you for this couple, Lord,
    and just as much for opening my soul
    to joy that freely flowed
    from their hearts into mine...

    I found all that to be so true for me too. Thank you for putting this into words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marie - it was quite a day - and Kristen's and Andrew's joy was certainly flowing freely into all our hearts!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!