8/24/13

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY August 25

Photo by Joanne Gallagher, CSJ

Today's Pause for Prayer follows my praying with Sr. Joanne's photo which led me to the Canticle of Zechariah in the first chapter of Luke. (Click on the image for a larger version.)



With the same light and beauty, intensity and heat,
   with equal power and brilliance,
      your sun rises over all of us, O Lord...

Through clouds and haze, mist and storms,
   in the depths of rain forests,
      your sun's blessing pierces through with life...

Though I might hide from your sun's steady gaze
   I'd have no life at all
      were my world not bathed in its bright grace...

Still brighter, warmer, evermore intense
   shines the light of your face, O Lord,
      rising over all of us each morning...

Lift my face to yours at sunrise:
   let your tender mercy break the day
      and shine through any darkness in my heart...

When I sit in shadows, waiting for the dawn,
   rise up, Lord, and shine on me
      to guide my feet along the path of peace...
 


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

1 comment:

  1. Nice...Thanks for the "Shout our". This is one of the great benefits of social media -- how my morning walk and spontaneous picture post can inspire the prayer of others...love it! Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!