8/15/13

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 8/15

Photo by Sandra Curran




How long did it take you, Lord,
to smooth these stones
in the wash of waves and tides?

How many years to polish up
the sheen, the lustrous beauty
of this seashore trove?

Take not so long with waves of grace
to smooth away rough edges on my heart 
and burnish bright what's dull within my soul...

I welcome tides, both high and low,
to take me out to sea and bring me back to shore
where I might rest with you who make me who I am...


(August 15 is the feast of the Assumption, a day on which some say there's a special blessing in the ocean's waters.  Today's post might remind you of this one from last week.)




   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!