9/9/13

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 9/10

Photo by Dave Brown

Audio for today's Pause for Prayer
 


What a beautiful view, Lord!
It's true:
on a clear day you can see forever -
well, almost...

But in my own life,
lost in the woods
counting needles on pine trees,
I often fail to look up
to see the light on the horizon...

Just a tilt of my head
would lift my eyes
to the beauty you set before me...

Help me see as you see, Lord:
give me the long view
and help me look beyond the troubles of the day
to see what lies ahead...

Chuck me under the chin
and draw my gaze to yours
until I find in you the grace I need
to rise up with new purpose...

Give me courage to walk the path
through the forest of my fears,
out of the woods, to the water's edge
where your peaceful presence
beckons me to come...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!