10/17/13

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 10/18

Image source

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God.
Those who say, "I love God," but hate their neighbor, are liars;
for if you do not love the neighbor whom you have seen
you cannot love God whom you have not seen.
This is the commandment we have from God:
all who love God must also love their neighbor.
(see 1 John 4)
 
Lord, my heart hungers for love:
I want to love you
and I want to know your love for me...

But I cannot love you
and I cannot know your love for me
apart from loving my neighbor...

It's all pretty simple, Lord,
but it isn't always easy...

So, today, Lord,
help me love my neighbor
(especially the one I have trouble loving)
so that in loving those around me
I might grow in love of you
and come to know your love for me...

Amen.



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!