10/16/13

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 10/17

Image source


Audio for today's Pause for Prayer



They're all around me, Lord!
They're everywhere!

Good people are all around me:
folks who care for others, selflessly,
with no hint of complaint,
no expectation of reward...

So many good people, Lord,
who find their joy in giving,
who work behind the scenes,
who do the tasks that others won't...

Good people, Lord:
already busy on their own,
somehow they always find the time
to reach out to those in need...

Generous people, Lord,
whose very presence makes a difference
before their work begins
and long after they've gone home...

They're all around me, Lord,
good people all around me,
and I'm grateful just to know them
- let alone for all they do...

So, open my heart today, Lord
and help me be one of the helpers:
open my eyes to those in need
and make of me a ready, cheerful giver...

Amen.

 

 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!