10/14/13

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 10/15

Image source


Audio for today's Pause for Prayer



Like everyone else, Lord:
   I want to be happy...

And like everyone else:
   I know the things
      I think will make me happy
   and all the things
      I wish would make me happy,
   things that promise I'll be happy
      but leave me feeling not very happy at all...

And like everyone else, Lord:
   I know the things
      that do make me happy,
   I know the people
      who lift my heart and spirits,
   I know the times and places
      where I spend my happiest days...

I know that being happy comes
   from seeking out the truth,
that being truly happy
   is a gift no one can buy,
that happiness has more to do
   with having less than having more...

Help me discern between
  the ease of fleeting pleasure
     and the depths of hard-earned happiness...

Help me let go what fails to make me happy:
   what neither satisfies nor makes me whole...

Give me the strength to work and sacrifice
  for peace that settles deep within my soul...

Help me make choices and decisions
   for contentment, serenity and joy... 

Help me let go my fears and worries, Lord,
   and lift my heart to faith and trust in you...

Open my eyes to see what makes me happy
   and to know what never will;
 help me see the difference
   and to walk on wisdom's path...

And remind me, Lord, today and every day:
   my heart will not be happy
      'til I find my joy in you...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!