10/12/13

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 10/13

Photo by Timothy Burnett*

For some of us this is a long weekend with a Monday holiday,
perhaps some extra time to steal away with Jesus...


Audio for today's Pause for Prayer
 


I'll meet you, Lord,
down by a bend in the river of my life
where I pray you'll calm my soul
as you slow the water's flow
to a peaceful, even stillness,
shimmering with your presence...

By the stone wall of my troubles, Lord,
we'll get together, you and I,
and sit in sweet communion
in October's chapel, quiet
save for the psalms of a few spare birds...

Under frescoes freshly painted by your hand
we'll speak from heart to heart
in words that fail my lips,
in speech no ear can hear,
in prayers I know you've heard
before they groan within my soul...

Let this be our place, Lord,
be it on the river bank or in my heart
or my imagination: let there be a place
where you and I will meet today,
down by a bend in the river of my life,
where your grace flows and my heart finds
the peace that only you can give...

Amen.

*This spot is at the northwest corner of the yard at the Old Manse in Concord, where the Concord River makes a bend to the west.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!