10/30/13

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 10/31

Image source

In his regular weekly Wednesday reflection, Pope Francis said yesterday:
"The love of God scorches our selfishness, judgments and divisions..."

How will we take his words to heart?

Audio for today's Pause for Prayer:


Lord,
heal my soul of selfishness:
burn away my desire to have more than I need;
cauterize the wounds greed leaves in my heart,
scorch my impulse to keep for myself
what others so desperately lack and want for...

With the flame of truth, by the glow of your wisdom,
fire in the kiln of your counsel
all the judgments and choices I make today:
heat my heart with courage
to act as your Spirit inspires...

Set a match to hated, prejudice and bias;
melt what divides and keeps us apart;
rekindle the embers that warm and unite:
let your Spirit's fire burn within us 
and brand our souls with the mark of your love...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!