11/19/13

Pause for Prayer: WEDNESDAY 11/20

Image source

Audio for today's Pause for Prayer
 


Lord,
I know a lot of folks who need a break:

- folks who've lost homes and water and food
and all that they loved and claimed as their own:
all their possessions and the memories they held...

- folks who bear loss and grief deep inside,
whose tears are a sign of the ache they know
in an empty place in their heart of hearts...

- folks who need rest from working too hard:
seldom, if ever, getting a chance
to relax, to rest and recoup...

- folks responsible for more than their share,
whose burdens are heavy and many,
who really need help to cope and get by...

-folks who work hard at more than one job,
who still come up short at the end of the month,
with the holidays right down the road...

- folks who are lonely, who long for a friend,
for a partner, a spouse, a companion,
for someone to talk to and walk by their side...

- folks who are ill, who've forgotten good health,
who are burdened with pain
and chronic conditions that don't go away...

- folks who are fearful and worried and anxious,
whose hope has grown thin,
who seek peace of mind and peace in their souls...

- folks who have tried and tried yet again
and haven't yet found what they're trying to find
and wonder if ever they will...

I know a lot of folks who need a real break, Lord:
   smile on them in your kindness,
   grant them a time of respite from worry,
   lighten the burdens they carry,
   heal and ease the pain they bear,
   comfort them in their grief,
   refresh and renew their resolve,
   deepen their hope and their trust,
   open their hearts to new love,
   help them pick up the pieces and begin again,
   grant them good rest and sweet dreams...

And if in some way I might help, Lord,
if I can give someone a break,
give me the love of a selfless heart
to reach out and do what I can...

And if someone offers to help me, Lord,
to give me the break that I need,
let me not be too proud to welcome the love
reaching out to give me a hand...

In so many ways, Lord, we all need a break:
be our strength and our help,
be our guard and our guide,
and open our hearts to your grace as it comes...

Amen.





   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

2 comments:

  1. I am lucky and grateful that I can "take a break." In fact, I am doing so today, because I really needed a break:)

    Thanks for a great prayer to start the day. canrea

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!