1/21/14

Pause for Prayer: WEDNESDAY 1/22



H/T to Bob Hostetler for the ancient Celtic prayer above. These words used to be prayed in the morning while stirring the embers of the previous night's fire. Today they supply 
the inspiration for my writing the following Pause for Prayer.

When my trust is only dust
and my confidence in ashes,
stir the embers of my faith, Lord...

When I've lost the breath
to fan the cinders into flame,
stir the embers of my hope, Lord...

When it seems the fire's gone out 
and the coals are all grown cold,
stir the embers of my love, Lord.. 

Stir the embers of my heart
into a flame of love for you, Lord,
and for my family, my neighbor 
and my enemy...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!