2/14/14

Best thing I've read on Valentine's Day!



Read this very fine reflection written by Greg Carpinello, a married man with two kids, telling the truth about love and marriage from the inside out.

My wife and I started our Valentine’s Day this year not-so-romantically:  by taking care of a sick kid.  Not so glamorous, not so romantic, but oh-so-appropriate.  We cleaned up for hours after multiple rounds of Andrew throwing up, scrubbing carpet and floors, doing loads of laundry, bathing Andrew after a couple of the really violent episodes… all the while, Maura and I relied on each other to take care of both Andrew and his brother, whose needs still needed to be met regardless of the other circumstances in our house.  It was well past midnight before our heads finally hit our pillows for good, a couple wee hours away from our typical daily morning routine.  Happy Valentine’s Day, right!?  Despite the lack of sleep and the disruption to one of our few chances at relaxation, and even though I wish our son weren’t sick, I found myself grateful for it all and grateful for what I’ve learned about love over the years...  
Send yourself a little Valentine and read Greg's post at the Dorothy Day Center for Faith and Justice (at Xavier University).



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!