2/15/14

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 2/15

Photo by F.S.


The folks in this house may still be sound asleep
as the sun calls them to rise,
to shine with the light that all at once
pierces their curtained windows
and reflects their Creator's glory... 

Before I opened my eyes this morning, Lord,
your light was already shining on me,
the warmth of your presence calling me
to rise to the summons of a brand new day...

Cloudy or clear, snowy, raining or dry
your light was piercing my curtained soul
and reflecting, in spite of me,
the glory that's yours to share...

In spite of me and all my fears,
in spite of my self-pity,
in spite of any burdens I bear,
let your light shine warm
in the depths of who I am
and melt what keeps me from absorbing,
from reflecting brightly
the brilliance of who-you-are in who-I-am,
in the brand new day that summons me
to rise and shine
and live,
grateful for your love...

Amen.




 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!