3/10/14

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 3/11



Lent is a time for making an extra effort, setting aside more time than usual for prayer.  But it's not always easy to pray... I'm pleased to share with you this prayer from my friend, Alden Solovy, who blogs at To Bend Light.  It's a reflection for us who feel a prayer welling up inside that just doesn't seem to make it from our heart to our lips...

There’s a prayer stuck in my throat,
Longing to be given voice,
Yearning to be heard.

There’s a prayer stuck in my limbs,
Longing to be given power,
Yearning to be seen.

There’s a prayer stuck in my lungs,
Longing to be given breath,
Yearning to be given life.

God of Old,
Release the prayer hidden deep in my bones,
The prayers that move through my veins and through my heart.

Let my body become a blessing of joy and service.

Let my being become an instrument of holiness and light.

Let my life praise creation with all of my deeds.

Ancient One,
Use my voice,
My limbs,
And my breath.

Set free this chorus of sacred love,
This symphony of
Radiance and splendor.

© 2011 Alden Solovy and www.tobendlight.com.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!