4/6/14

Monday Morning Offering: 4/7


Image: George Mendoza


Good morning, good God!

Must be the time of year, Lord!
There's just too much going on,
too many things happening,
too many demands on everyone’s energy and time,
just too much…

And though I’d like you to take it all away, Lord  -
I know that’s not how you work -
and, in fact, it's not really what I want you to do...

So I offer you my tired confusion,
my short fused temper,
my temptation to cut corners
and my fantasy of just running away from it all...
When my day is jumbled and just too busy,
help me see what’s important and what’s not,
help me know what you’d have me do first, Lord -
and what you’d have me not do at all…

Help me to know what you want of me, Lord;
give me strength to accomplish what’s mine to do;
speak straight to my heart
and, with the truth of  your word, 
open my will to yours...


When my heart doesn't know where to turn,
where to go, what to do:
give me your wisdom and counsel
to encourage and lead and guide me...
Rouse me when I’m tired, Lord,
and give me your strength when mine is all gone;
help me spend it on only what’s good and fruitful
for me, for others
and for all whose paths cross mine…

Lift me up when I’m bowed down, Lord;
refresh your spirit within me;
renew my hope and trust in you;
give me a new beginning this Monday morning
and make of this time of year,
make of this busy season,
make of this week and this day and tonight 
a gift of peace
and a time of grace…

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!