6/25/14

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 6/26

Image source

You know all my working parts,
you're familiar with each one, Lord:
you know all my moving parts,
you're the master of them all...

You know all my broken parts,
the tired, worn out pieces,
the parts of my life waiting
for retooling and repairing...

You know the parts I haven't nurtured,
the ones I haven't tended,
the parts in need of mending,
the ones that want for healing...

You know the parts I just ignore,
the ones I don't acknowledge,
the parts I won't embrace
but need to work on and accept...

You know the cheap parts I've put in,
poor replacements for the real,
not equal to the genuine
that only you can give...

You know the parts that work quite well,
the ones I often take for granted,
the parts you made for me alone,
for which I owe you all the praise...

You know all my working parts, Lord,
you're familiar with each one:
the hardware and the software
of what makes me who I am...

Tune up the parts that make me
what you first made me to be
and restore, rebuild, replace the parts
in need of your repair...

Be merciful and gentle
when you touch my hidden parts:
the broken ones within my heart
and deep within my soul...

With all my broken, rusty parts
I always need your help:
your work on me is never done,
there's always more to do...

So with all the parts that make me
who I am and want to be,
make me patient with each one of them
as you, Lord, are with me...


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!