7/10/14

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 7/11

Image source

The patience of others always amazes me:
   the seeker, patiently searching for truth,
   the dreamer, patient for what's not yet,
   the sick, waiting patiently to get well,
   the mother, patient with her fussing child,
   the spouse, patient with an impatient spouse,
   the friend, patient with an unfaithful friend,
   the suffering, patient with ongoing pain,
   the parent, patient with a child's growth,
   my parishioners and friends, patient with my mistakes,
   God, patient with my faults and sins,
   the Lord whose patience is mercy,
      whose mercy awaits my repentance...

Give me patience, Lord,
in mind and heart,
in word and deed:
   with those around me,
   with this day's troubles,
   with my own limitations,
   and with all that you call me to do this day...

Give me patience, Lord, and be patient with me:
in your mercy, Lord, be patient with me today...
 

 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!