7/2/14

Word for the Weekend: July 6

Photo: BerryBrook

Although we re-enetered Ordinary Time the day after Pentecost, the next two Sundays were, as they are every year, trumped by Trinity Sunday and Corpus Christi and this year, the Solemnity of Saints Peter and Paul (June 29) fell on a Sunday and outranked the 13th Sunday in Ordinary Time.

So July 6 finds us on the Fourteenth Sunday of Ordinary Time

With just a click you can find this weekend's scriptures and background material on them.

Bringing children to Mass this weekend?  Check here for hints on how to help them prepare to hear the Lord's Word.

From this weekend's gospel (and a clue to the graphic above):
Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am meek and humble of heart;
and you will find rest for yourselves.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.
A few questions for reflection:
When I'm tired and burdened, where do I find rest?
To what, to whom am I yoked in my life?
What difference would it make in my life
   were I to take Jesus' yoke upon me?



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!