8/3/14

Monday Morning Offering: AUGUST 4


Image: George Mendoza


Good morning, good God!

Sometimes, Lord,
without my even asking,
you give me gifts of grace and strength:
you stretch me, change me, grow me
and do what I can't do for myself
or by myself...

You draw me closer to your heart
and help me live more faithfully
according to your Word...

I thank you
for such grace so freely given,
and I praise you
for what you're doing in my life,
day by day by day...

Sometimes I'm so busy,
so preoccupied with myself and my problems,
that I fail to see all the ways you care for me
and all the ways you make of me more fully,
more simply and more honestly,
the person you created me to be...

For the quiet, unexpected
and yet-to-be-discovered ways
you help me, Lord,
I give you thanks and praise...

Make me faithful
to what you've given me
and let me not for a moment
take for granted
what you've done, what you're doing
and what you will do in my life...

Teach me to trust all the ways
you come to help me,
support and strengthen me...

Remind me every day, Lord,
how I need to find and make the time
to slow down, to pause,
to sit in your presence,
to listen for your voice,
to reach out for your hand and your strong arm
lifting me up, supporting me,
guiding my every step...

Let nothing come between me
and all the gifts you offer, Lord...

This is my prayer this morning, Lord,
all this day and through the week ahead...

Amen.




   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!