10/8/14

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 10/9

Photo by Jennifer Braceras

Was it in the dead of night
or just before dawn?

Did you walk my street
and climb the trees
or reach from heaven,
brush in hand?

Is rusty orange now
your favorite hue
or just the first
on this year's palette?

You'll come again, I know,
and I'll keep watch
for what you paint
while I'm still fast asleep...

I'll find your splendor,
burnished and ablaze
on branches bright
and gently brushed...
 
Your work's a gift
for eyes that seek
the path you paint
in shades of grace...

In dead of night or just at dawn
reach down, Lord, brush in hand
to touch and limn my soul
with traces of your glory...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!