11/16/14

Monday Morning Offering: 11/17


Coffee in the Morning by George Mendoza


Good morning, good God...

It's only mid-November
yet these shortened days already
shade my soul and leave me
longing for the spring
while winter waits,
just weeks away…

The end of saving daylight
darkens every afternoon,
the sunny and the cloudy all the same:
a hush falls soft by four or five
and finds the moon bright, full,
shining on a leafy rustle,
harvested from branches all around…

Remind me, Lord,
how moonlight’s but the sun diffused:
Sol’s warmth, now chilled,
blankets nature's long night’s sleep
and dreams of winter's coming...

November’s moon is August’s sun:
one source, one heat, one light,
one hope that winter’s chill will bow,
come time, and yield once more
to light that saves,
to longer days,
to nature’s greening once again
and waking to the spring…

Give me, a child of your light,
safe passage through this time;
give me hope to wait the Day
whose warmth no wind can chill,
whose light no dark can douse,
whose sun will never set,
whose season has no end...

Receive my morning offering, Lord,
as this new week begins
and hold me, day by day,
in peace,
the peace that only you can give...

Amen.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-11
 

 
   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!