11/7/14

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 11/8

Image source
Jesus said, "The Kingdom of heaven is like yeast a woman took and mixed with three measures of wheat flour until the whole batch was leavened..."    Matthew 13:31-35  

God of kitchen counters:
take the yeast of faith 
and mix it with the sifted flour 
of my life...

Share with me your secret recipe
and help me follow every word:
measuring all ingredients carefully, 

kneading everything you call for
even as I call on you 
for everything I need...

Leaven me with wisdom, 

be patient while I rise 
and then bake me,
brown and warm,
in the oven of your heart...

Make of me a loaf of love:
break me open
as you would a loaf of bread
and tear me into pieces,
just enough to feed and nourish
the hungry all around me...


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!