12/4/14

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 12/5


Not sure if, how or why you believe in God?  Spend a little time with this post.  (Firm believers welcome, too!)  I found this powerful video through a link on FaceBook posted by Bishop Chris CoyneIt's today's Pause for Prayer and the text of the video's voice-over follows below.



YHWH*
 

I am the might before the sword
The tremors in the spear shaft
I craft my ways from blazes of firestorms
Absorb the failings of deadened ends
To render the floors I dance upon
I am the spaces between applause
The roars of hearts running through Heaven’s halls

I breathe the forms of light and silence
Stall the course of cosmic riots
I am the glory of the giants Manaslu / Sagarmatha
Watchmen of the Asian plains
They yield my name
Made famous through the cries
Of albatross flocks enflamed in Pacific fires

I am dressed in the spray of Nevada dunes
Clothed in the shadows of Sahara caves
I am the light of lunar flames fleshing the rains of Amazonia
I paint the trains of Antarctic quests
Release dominion to desert Panthera

I authorize the remains of Aztec and Inca
That bloom through the visions of mountain tribes
I ride the skylines breathe the signs
Ignite the paths of astronomy’s eyes
I am the unheard heard in the storms that burn on my words
I am the yearned for
I am the Word

I emerge deciduous from the wetlands of your cries
Rise through the moments you wake
I bring the dawns that shake the fevers from your remembrance
I am here
I am imminent

I am he who crosses the plains through which you strayed
Discover the parts extinction seared
I dust away the dried remains of tears
I drain the lakes of your regrets
I wet the wells
till the soil
Placate the toil
quell the rages
Sew the broken pages
With my belief in you

I bring the you you have never quite met
I am the desire that keeps your pillow wet
I am the heartbeat you seek when you chase after dreams
In the reachings and sighs you are looking for me

In the body touching body
It is me you seek
In the groans and the longings
It is me you seek
In the yearning dream
In the need-to-be-seen
In the love-me love-me
It is me you seek
In the breath-drop wonders
In the gasping hunger
In the touch of a stranger
That makes you feel younger
In the books and the fables
In the this-is-me labels
In the is-this-me?
Is   this   me?
In the hear-me hear-me
Say-my-name
In the touch-me need-me find-me need-me
In the aching pain
In the love
In the music
In the beats
And the taste
In the heat
In the need
And the need
For embrace
In the colour
In the gaze
In the meaning
The desire
In the flame
Of the voice
And the spirit
Of the fire

When you cry for more my name you weep
I am he who waits for you to reach
I reach for you and wait
When you lie half broken and awake
I am the watchman of your sleep
I wait and wait til the shakings cease

I am the Truth they call release
When the darkness flares and starts to speak
I sculpt the shades of daybreak
It is me you seek


- by Sh/maya

*YHWH is the Jewish name for God.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!