12/3/14

Pause for Prayer: Thursday 12/4


Back in 1990 it was my privilege to record the beautiful song One Voice, an Advent piece by Rachael Burckardt.  The musicians on the recording were from the Wood Harbor Ensemble and the choir of St. Ann University Parish in Boston where I served as a campus minister for Northeastern University and Emerson College.  My thanks to Rachel for sending this along after all these years! So today's Pause for Prayer includes a song and a reflection...



Your one voice calls me, Lord,
your one voice speaks
in the wilderness of my life,
too often dry and barren...

You voice calls me to ready the way
for you to enter my days and nights,
to make of my desert
a fruitful, blooming garden...

You call me to reform my life,
my ways, my habits, my desires:
to clear a path for you
to come and dwell within me...

You call me to do what is just
and make peace where I am:
where I live and where I work,
from day to day, a day at a time...

Of all the voices 'round me, Lord,
help me hear your one voice
calling me to make a way, a place
for you to dwell deep in my heart....


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

1 comment:

  1. How very beautiful! Advent brings such lovely surprises. Thank you for sharing with us, Austin.

    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!