1/25/15

Monday Morning Offering: 1/26

Art by George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

There are moments, Lord,
when there's a harmony,
a perfect blending
of all that's in me
with all that's 'round me...

Such harmony is peace, it's grace,
it heals and consoles,
it restores my faith in you
and my trust that I'm pursuing,
that I'm doing what you ask...

It's the harmony I hear, Lord,
when the word you speak
and the song my people sing
unite as one
and in the chorus of our prayer
I know your Spirit's presence
in my heart and all around me...

It's the harmony of differences
resolving in the faith we share
and turning all our hearts as one
to you and to your truth...

It's the harmony of joyful sounds
that pleases heart and soul
and brings a song
where silence needed to be broken
and filled in, filled up
with more than I had dreamed...

It's the harmony of hope,
a descant reaching high beyond
the range of my old day-to-day:
your Spirit, a soprano, counterpointing
with a lilt of grace notes
only you could add...

There are moments, Lord,
when there's a harmony,
a perfect blending
of all that's in me
with all that's 'round me...

Such a moment with its harmony
came yesterday and sounded in my ears
and in places in my soul
where only you can speak
and only I can hear...

For such a gift,
my praise and thanks, Lord:
you are good, too good to me...




     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!