1/23/15

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 1/24



I'm always on your mind, Lord,
but too often, I forget you...

You never turn away from me
though I ignore and snub you...

You offer me your arms' embrace
though I resist your reach...

You're at the end of every road
on which I run away...

You make your home within me
though I've locked and shut my door...

You listen to my every word
though silent I may be...

You come to mend my brokenness
when I would nurse my wounds...

You empty out your self for me,
so filled up with self-pity...

You never fail to pardon me
each time I fail your word...

You never give up loving me
though I give up on love...

Your mercy's deeper than my sins,
my grief lost in the shallows...

Your grace is always there for me
when from your grace I fall...

You are the Lord of all my life
and all within me gives you thanks...

Without you I have nothing, Lord,
and all I have is yours...

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!