2/22/15

Monday Morning Offering: First Week of Lent



Simply Living Lent - Week One
Each Monday morning in Lent you'll find here, for the coming week, a prayer for Morning and Night and reminders for fasting and caring for the poor.  You might use this prayer to plan you week or return to it every day...

MORNING PRAYER
Dear God,
Help me discover 
what you want to do in my life this Lent...

I'm often blind to your presence, deaf to your voice,
too busy to see you right at my side:
open my eyes to the ways you'll meet me in these 40 days;
open my ears to the words you'll speak to me;
and open my heart to how you want to heal me this Lent...

I know that in Lent you invite me:
to pray, that I might grow closer to you;
to fast, that I might hunger for what's truly satisfying;
to care for the poor and deepen my dependence on you...

Teach me to pray, Lord
- help me make the time.
Keep me faithful to fasting
- nourish me with your Word and presence.
Give me a generous heart
- help me see that I have much more than I need.

Oh, and I have a special favor to ask of you, Lord, 
and here it is...

And there are some folks I know who need your help:
you know their names already, 
but let me mention them now...

Lord, in your love and mercy, hear my prayer…

Our Father...


NIGHT PRAYER
Another day is done, Lord,
and I’m grateful for your staying by my side
even when I left your path
and followed my own...  

Help me to look back on this day
to see it as you saw it, Lord:
to see it as it could have been,
as it might have been
and as it would have been
had I been more mindful of your presence...

Give me good rest, I pray, and peaceful dreams...

Send your angel of peace
to shelter my family and friends,
and your children everywhere,
especially the innocent who suffer hunger and violence...

As I sleep this night, Lord,
fill me with the grace and strength I'll need
to walk with you along tomorrow’s path...

Hail Mary...


FASTING
•This week, 
the particular food or beverage I'll go without is...
•This week, 
the particular activity or pleasure I'll give up is...
•This week, 
the old, bad habit I’ll try to let go of is...

CARING FOR THE POOR
•This week 
I’m donating groceries to the local food pantry ___
•This week 
I’m shopping for the Parish Easter Giving Tree ___
•This week, 
I’m contributing to my Lenten offering box 
or my favorite charity ___
•This week, I'll reach out to those in need by ___



  

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!