5/27/15

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 5/28

Image source

(Today's prayer might sound a bit like a country western song
but sometimes prayer is stronger when its images are simple...)

Put a sticker on the windshield of my soul, Lord,
to remind me when my prayer life needs a tune-up
- and I'm thinking I might need one pretty soon...

My filter needs a cleaning,
screening out what's clogging up
what fuels the engine of my being...

My prayer life won't turn over, it misfires
- and a Spirit-charged ignition
is the spark I need to rev me up again...

My timing belt is worn and fails
to sync my needs with time to pray
and to manage my combustion...

I need a fluid faith for steering through hard times
and for braking when I need to stop
and think again - and yet again...

I need the holy oil of grace
to keep me running smooth and clean
in every thought and word and deed...

Put a sticker on the windshield of my soul, Lord,
to remind me when my prayer life needs a tune-up
-- and I'm thinking I might need one pretty soon...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!