6/14/15

Looking for this week's homily?

The Sower by Vincent Van Gogh

I'm away this weekend without a preaching assignment for Sunday so I have no homily to offer today.  But for your reflection, I offer you Alden Solovy's prayer which fits nicely with our gospel for the Eleventh Sunday in Ordinary Time.

Planting Seeds
by Alden Solovy

Every act is a seed:
Every laugh, every smile.
Every song, every dance.
Every outstretched arm
And every open heart.
A seed of holiness.
A seed of redemption.
A seed of grace.

Every act is a seed:
Every frown, every angry word.
Every dislike, every disdain.
Every closed fist,
And every hardened heart.
A seed of loneliness.
A seed of isolation.
A seed of despair.

How many seeds have I planted,
God of Old,
Seeds that hurt,
Seeds that heal?
How many seeds have I yet to plant,
Seeds that hurt,
Seeds that heal?

Ancient One,
Grant me the discernment
And the skill
To plant seeds of wonder and awe
In my life and the world.
Let me be a source of wholeness,
Let me be a source of thanksgiving,
So that my life yields
A garden of blessings
In service to Your Holy Name.

© 2012 Alden Solovy and To Bend Light




     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!