6/21/15

Monday Morning Offering: 6/22


Coffee in the Morning by George Mendoza


Good morning, good God!

Just the basics today, Lord,
just the basics...

I offer you this day
whether I'm dreading it
or looking forward to it:
may it be a day I look back on
in peace...

I offer you this day
because it's the one you've given me,
the one you'll walk with me
the day I want to walk with you...

I offer you, Lord, this day's burdens,
large and small, heavy and light,
and pray you'll help me carry them...

I offer you this day's mistakes
even before I make them:
help me avoid them
and, please, forgive me when I don't...

I offer you this day's work - that it be fruitful,
this day's rest - that it be peaceful,
this day's time - that it be blessed...

I offer you this day's smiles and joys
and pray you make sure
I don't miss even one of them...

I offer you this day's worries and fears,
real and imagined,
and pray you'll be my courage and strength...

I offer you this day's tears, Lord,
and pray you gently wipe them from my eyes
and heal my hurt...

I offer you every encounter I have this day
with colleagues, friends, family and strangers:
help me see you in each one I meet...

I offer you this day's challenges,
those I expect and those that will surprise me:
be with me as I meet each one...

I offer you every opportunity I have today
to comfort and heal, to forgive and pardon
to lift up someone who, in need,
reaches out to me...

I offer you all the quick and quiet moments
when my mind and heart might turn, Lord,
and find you by my side...

I offer you what little I have
and pray I will be open
to all you offer me...

Just the basics today, Lord,
just the basics...

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!